Adding your company logo is a great way to personalize business holiday cards. We offer a number of cards designed to prominently feature your logo, or you can add your logo to the inside of most cards.
While you may be assigned the task of ordering cards for your office, you may not be the graphic designer in charge of your company logo. You’re not alone, and we get many questions on this. To help you out, here are some handy tips to help make the process stress-free!
File resolution is the most important factor in producing a high quality imprint. Please send us the highest resolution file you have available.
Typically, your file should be at least 600 DPI for most file formats. Sometimes a lower resolution may be acceptable depending on the file format and/or the nature of the logo graphic itself. Often times, your company’s graphic artist or marketing department will have these file formats and resolutions as they may be used for other printing done at your company.
We accept a range of file formats. The best choices are .TIF, .EPS, .PSD, or .PDF files at 600dpi or greater. We also accept these alternatives: .QXD, .PMx, .AI., and many other professional printing files.
We DO NOT accept: .BMP or .GIF files. Most .JPEGs are not sufficient unless they are at a very high resolution. Incorrect files types cause delays in processing and printing your order.
You’ve chosen your card and located a high-resolution file in an appropriate file format, now what?
- Select an imprint (ink) color for the inside of your card. Standard colors are red, blue, hunter green, gold, silver, burgundy, black, and brown. Your logo will be printed in the same color as the writing in the card. Allow an additional 2-4 business days to process the order.
- If you want your logo to be different than the writing in the card, there is an additional charge for 2-color printing. Note what colors you want for what imprinting (logo, closing, verse, etc.). Allow an additional 4-7 business days to process the order. See an example here.
- If your logo is, for example, red and blue, but you choose either red or blue imprinting, that is a 2-color print job. If your logo is red and blue, but you choose black imprinting, that is a 3-color print job. Note what colors you want for what imprinting. Allow an additional 4-7 business days to process the order.
- You are welcome to have your logo printed in custom colors for a $60-per-color fee. Please note the desired Pantone colors in the special instructions of your order.
- Place the rest of your order as usual. Email your logo to us at mailto:email@example.com with your order number in the subject line for fastest processing.
That’s all there is to it. Following these steps helps to ensure a quick turn-around time in getting your customized cards into your hands.
We also keep your logo file in our archives to expedite the process next year, or when your company orders thank you cards to send out after an event or promotion. Are you ready to customize your next order?